Marketing website for a dental laboratory.
The project for Digitech Labs was initiated due to them not having a mobile version of their website. Also plenty of the content on the site was outdated including the contact information.
- Git: Hosted at Github
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
My first step was to review the requests for updates and then to perform a content audit. The content audit consisted of reviewing all the pages to review content, links, and images. Since the site would now be responsive, we needed various sizes of images. The larger higher resolution images would only load on larger devices, the smaller simplified images would be displayed on phones and smaller tablets.
Below is a picture of their previous site. It was in a fixed width layout. I took this picture with an old iPhone 4.
The message abou this being a dental lab needed to be very clear. So I maintained the teeth as part of the design. These now are on a .png image so that it can be move into a calculated position depending on the screen viewing the page. The model’s head is also on a various .png files. In order to achieve the desired look in a responsive design it required a longer background of the laboratory, the models head, and the teeth.
Since the model did not really add value to the visual communication I was allowed to remove it on the smaller layouts since i presented the case that it got in the way of the content. However it had to remain in standard desktop designs. Adding young models apparently sells replacement teeth according to the marketing department…
Here is the view on a tablet
I tested the layout for the iPhone in the simulator from XCode. The iPhone was the most used device to view our site. over 95% of mobile visits were made on an iPhone, so i wanted to assure compatibility.
Home Page on Mobile phone below
Home Page on tablet below
The business objective was prioritized to get the visitor to schedule their next pickup.